Visual / UI Designer (Mid-Senior Level)
London , England SW1A 2DU
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Visual / UI Designer (Mid-Senior level)
Kano are looking for a super-talented Visual / UI Designer to join our East Central London office. You will be an enthusiastic creative-thinker who is super passionate about design, illustration, and motion-design. Someone that can deliver beautifully conceived ideas as well as being a good hands-on multidisciplinary designer.
The successful candidate will be creating new exciting content for the kano.me website. Lead projects with new concepts, art-direction and be hands-on when designing seasonal and product campaigns. These require rich content for our social media channels, OoO print ads and videos for each new launch.
In short, you will be confident in your own ability to deliver unique and striking designs across a range of outputs.
Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new generation to create technology, not just consume it.
- One of Fast Company's Top Ten Most Innovative Consumer Electronics companies in the world (currently 2nd) alongside Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft and more.
- Winner of Time Magazine "TOY Of The Year" award for the Harry Potter wand
- In just over five years, weve sold, built and shipped over 450,000 kits to 150 countries, our oldest computer maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
- Kano is available in over 4,500 retail locations, and our partners include Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and more.
- Our products are used in thousands of code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education, including integration with the national Argentine education system.
- Kano has raised > $30m from the worlds best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Index Ventures, Collaborative Fund, Jim ONeill, James Higa & Troy Carter.
- Our fans and customers include Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
Kano is evolving from a startup to becoming a mainstream consumer creativity brand. Along the way, our audience is expanding, and we will interact with millions of customers this year. We are an entrepreneurial, nimble, can do business and we must retain this culture as we scale. Our mission remains the same, to help people create technology, not just consume it.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Developing and maintaining a robust UI brand guidelines
- Make Kano.me the best place to purchase Kano Kits
- Delivering a vision for Kano.me, and clearly communicating it to Team Kano
- Design and maintenance of Kano.me, making sure homepage, product pages, and other vital parts of the experience flow beautifully, communicate our mission, and the products simply and inspire conversion.
- Support the Email Comms designer to develop and deliver amazing email and digital marketing comms
- Run and produce high quality product photography, and product motion to be utilised on site, in comms, in social, and in help centre films.
- Support with illustration and animation to add personality and clarity to kano.me and our campaigns
- Work with Design Director and Creative to conceptualise and deliver art direction for campaigns, across paid media and Kano.me
- Work with Kano Education to deliver their own online portal, curriculum assets, and presentations
- Deliver A+ content and visuals for retail
- Inspire and scare the Creative Director and Design Director
- Work with product team to deliver UI design consistency across all touchpoints
- Demystify technology through simple, but iconic design
- Bring new and exciting developments, design practices and ideas to the creative team to inspire them
- Be proactive in creating concepts or ideas that can be used in campaigns, kano.me projects or content for social and marketing
Skills and Qualifications:
- You have 3+ years experience working at digital/integrated agencies or start-ups
- Fast and thoughtful. You analyse problems, push for strong ideas, but can follow direction
- You possess a solid understanding of storytelling and how to reach peoples hearts and minds
- Can manage and deliver high quality design on multiple briefs with quick turnarounds
- Knowledge of best UI practices, with a deep understanding of all things digital
- Understanding of web development to deliver strong designs for multiple platforms, and aid developers to create the best product possible
- Understanding of responsive design and design for mobile
- Good motion-design skills
- Good videography and film editing skills
- Ability to art direct photography shoots with products and models
- Understanding of social media - how to deliver assets for it
- High Level of understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, After Effects etc
- HTML And CSS Skills a bonus
Perks of the job:
- Join one of the worlds fastest growing full stack tech startups - huge opportunities for learning and advancement
- 10% time back to work on your own projects
- Flexible working schedule
- You will partake in the companys Stock Option plan
- Team nights out, office snacks and a competitive holiday structure
- 1600 flexible benefits pot
- 500 annual personal development fund
- Cycle to work & salary saving nursery fees
- Discount on all Kano products
- Work with an exceptional and diverse group of people
- Informal, friendly and collaborative office environment
Please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio (url or pdf).
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.