Spanish (EU / Latam) QA Language Tester & Translator
Pole To Win International
Glasgow , Scotland G2 3AF
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Spanish QA Language Tester
Project by project basis during 2019
QA Localisation testing involves performing language checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PlayStation4, Nintendo Switch, PlayStationVR and various mobile and tablet devices. You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the biggest publishers in the World.
As one of our Spanish QA Localisation Testers, you will be the very first person to see the game in its entirety translated text, images and the rest of the user interface all together. Youll get to experience the project in the way it will be consumed by the end users. You will work in a multilingual project team, ensuring that game is free from grammatical errors, cultural inconsistencies and ultimately ensuring that the game is accurately localised into the target language.
What youll be doing
- Identifying spelling, grammar, punctuation and other Spanish language errors.
- Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to.
- Logging details of errors/issues found and providing suggestions for improvements.
- Ensuring accuracy of translation within context.
- Ensuring consistency of terminology and imagery.
- Hunting for missing/wrong content.
- Ensuring the proper date/calendar/character display format.
- Writing reports on errors/bugs found.
- Ad hoc translation.
What we're looking for
- Spanish native level fluency, including English
- Computer literacy particularly with Excel.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry, including experience of playing video games
- Robust internet research skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience with using different software, applications and websites.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
What we offer
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest games titles in the world.
- Competitive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar.
- Our Studio has some of the best views of Glasgow and is located next to the City Centre/West End, with excellent transport links. On-site amenities include a gym, caf, nursery, ATM, car valeting/charging, dry cleaning, free cycle checks and parking with access to a variety of local bars & restaurants.
Who we are
Since 1994, Pole To Win has been providing outsourced Quality Assurance, Customer Experience and Localisation Services to the Interactive Media, Internet of Things (IoT), Technology and e-Learning markets. Our service lines include Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Localisation, Translation, Customer Experience, Talent Acquisition, Audio Production.